Job Overview: Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our data operations team. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. This role will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives. They will ensure an optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even redesigning our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater reliability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal ETL of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Hadoop.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the reporting team, account management, and data science.
- Assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Enhance monitoring of our ETL pipelines.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Data Engineering role.
- Experience building and optimizing big data data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured data sets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Understanding of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience using the following software and languages:
- MySQL or MariaDB
- Unix shell script
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field, advanced degree preferred.
This position is not available for visa sponsorship.