Would you enjoy working on one of the biggest and fastest ad-engines in the marketplace?
We are already serving audiences in the hundreds of millions and processing tens of billions of requests per month, and as the demand for our services is expected to multiply, you will be challenged with: scaling accordingly, developing new components, and seamless implementations allowing for zero downtime. (You code with the confidence, speed, and steadiness of a world class surgeon!)
You will be part of the team that is responsible for the lifeblood of the RhythmOne platform, and have the opportunity to be a superhero in the world of high-volume, real-time, open-source systems.
- Design optimization algorithms for ad targeting and delivery at ad-serving time
- Build a statistics driven ad optimization system, working closely with the product team
- Constantly experiment and improve the relevancy of the ad-delivery optimization system
- Measure and understand what our audience looks like and wants
- Use these measurements to target audience segments at scale
- Optimize RhythmOne operations
- Derive and define key metrics to analyze and optimize business based on strategic goals
- Work closely with PM Team to understand & analyze requirements
- Help create design documentation & review the same with the team
- Collaborate with teams across geographies to finalize design documents
- Help create low level design & test case for the module/feature
- Help write code & work with version management tools
- Own a feature/module & take it till go live
- Should help write & execute unit test cases
- Should help write & execute functional, integration test cases
- Should help contribute in code review & improve guideline documents
- Should help analyze & fix issues found post development
- Actively contribute in supporting product on need basis
- Participate in design review of other features
- Work with solutions engineering teams to streamline the go-live process of new releases.
- Ph.D. in Math/Statistics/Computer Science or equivalent with an emphasis on programming
- Strong understanding of Algorithms, Data Structures and Machine Learning / Data Mining
- Experience with math/statistics tools such as R or MATLAB
- Solid understanding of yield management
- Solid understanding of control theory and Markov decision processes
- Solid understanding of numerical optimization (linear, integer, nonlinear, and dynamic programming)
- Solid understanding of forecasting
- Previous experience in digital ad serving optimization a huge plus
- Previous experience in digital advertising and ad targeting a big plus
- Previous experience in web analytics a big plus
- Experience with Machine Learning / Data Mining open source tools, preferably in Java (e.g., Weka)
- Experience with Hadoop Map/Reduce, Hadoop streaming, Pig, or Hive
- Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
- MS/PhD in Computer science, Statistics or related fields is required. Recent Ph.D. graduates or Ph.D. candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- 7+ years of experience; majority of experience should be in the online advertising industry.
- 5+ years designing/developing large-scale internet software systems.