Build the best:
Would you enjoy working on one of the biggest and fastest ad-engines in the marketplace?
We are already serving audiences in the hundreds of millions and processing tens of billions of requests per month, and as the demand for our services is expected to multiply, you will be challenged with: scaling accordingly, developing new components, and seamless implementations allowing for zero downtime. (You code with the confidence, speed, and steadiness of a world class surgeon!)
You will be responsible for the lifeblood of the RhythmOne platform, and have the opportunity to be a superhero in the world of high-volume, real-time, open-source systems.
Job profile & responsibilities:
- Design, enhance and implement scalable, reliable, and maintainable technologies for our backend data and ETL platform
- Distill business requirements into design specifications
- Enforce code quality through test driven development.
- Ensure that our product is carrier grade in terms of reliability, scalability and performance
- Lead efforts in capacity planning
- Work closely with the testing team to design intelligent testing strategies
- Conceptualize software requirements based on both external and internal inputs
- Apply and tailor best practices in software processes and quality to achieve fast cycle time development
- Work closely with off shore development teams
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience developing software for a high transaction volume, High Availability environment is mandatory.
- Prior work experience in online advertising or media industry is a mandatory.
- Strong knowledge of data structure, modeling, replication & distributed data/object relational database mapping
- Coding and system design using Hadoop, Hive, Flume, Java/J2EE, XML, SOAP, Web Services
- In depth expertise in Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Hadoop technologies is mandatory.
- Experience with Hadoop, Messaging frameworks like Active MQ, and other scalable technologies used in on-line advertising is required.
- Ability to solve complex problems with simple solutions
- Strong working knowledge of distributed systems technology; Web based technologies, Application Servers, application and database performance tuning approaches and tools.
- Strong empathy for users and customers
- Strong technical documentation & presentation skills.