HR Operations Specialist
The HR Operations Specialist is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing the human resources services that ensure a smooth functioning human resources department. Based out of RhythmOne’s Bellevue, Washington office, the successful candidate will work cross-functionally and collaboratively with all members of the human resources team. The HR Operations Specialist is responsible for the effective and consistent coordination and implementation of HR business processes, functions and procedures and monitors HR projects and workflow.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide operational support as it relates to compensation, promotions, terminations and new hires.
- Support and drive assigned HR implementation projects.
- Provide analytics on organizational effectiveness, compensation and other areas.
- Draft or revise new/existing HR policies and collaborate with Legal Department for approvals.
Human Resources Information Systems
- Manage the development and maintenance of the Human Resources Information tools and systems.
- Provide advisory services and guidance to management regarding system requirements based on company resources and needs.
- Technical guidance and direction to administrative, technical, and clerical staff on the operation and maintenance of the human resources data systems.
- Assist with the development and administration of the company wage and salary structure, pay policies, and variable pay systems within the company.
- Lead competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that assist with talent attraction and retention.
- Monitors all pay practices and systems for effectiveness.
- Leads participation in annual salary survey participation.
- Obtain cost effective employee saving benefits, monitors national benefit environments for options and cost savings.
- Lead the development of benefit orientations and benefit training
- Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention
- Lead company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements, including but not limited to, any related to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Direct the preparation of information requested and required for compliance with required legislation.
- You should have a robust background in regulatory requirements and region-specific trends in North America, Europe, Latin American and Asian-Pacific regions.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA preferred with a strong academic record; SPHR certification preferred
- 5 years of progressive human resources management experience
- Federal, state and local laws relating to HR; proficiency in numerous jurisdictions.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Proven project management and operations skills with demonstrated ability to manage global projects and initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data, using HRIS systems for reporting.
- Ability to establish strong relationships and credibility at all levels and geographies throughout the organization and cross-functionally
- Effective listener and problem-solver of people issues, able to serve as spokesperson and role model for ethics and corporate values,
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Broad knowledge of HR functional disciplines (e.g., organizational development, talent management, employee relations, staffing, and compensation/benefits).
- Effective listener and problem-solver of people issues, able to serve as spokesperson and role model for ethics and corporate values.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Powerpoint
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (formulas, Vlookup, Pivot)
- Experience with implementation and using HRIS
- Overall ability to easily grasp technical aspects of HR programs/systems
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Team Player