The Sr Accountant is responsible for accounting functions that include month-end and year-end closing process, preparation of journal entries, fixed asset system maintenance, preparation of monthly balance sheets reconciliations, related analysis of the balance sheet accounts, and performs a variety of accounting and help AP tasks related to the maintenance/processing of payable account records/ invoices.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Reconcile and record all inter-company transactions and generate invoices
- Maintenance of the fixed asset system, including addition of the purchased items and recognition of depreciation. Responsible for maintaining complete supporting records for fixed asset purchases, for performing monthly roll-forward of fixed asset accounts and reconciliation of the fixed asset system to the balance sheet.
- Responsible for reconciling numerous balance sheet accounts, including but not limited to intangible assets, prepaid expenses, accrued liabilities and others, as assigned, including maintaining complete and accurate supporting documentation for all items
- Participation in the preparation for the annual and semi-annual external audits
- Participates in month-end closing process for the accounting department as assigned, and assists other accounting team members in the closing process.
- Review all coded invoices for accuracy and AP Aging reports to monitor invoice due dates
- Will be assigned other tasks and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and as business needs develop.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ year’s experience with GL and accounting operations including experience with account reconciliation process and month-end closing process
- Knowledge of accounting systems and Microsoft office applications. Great Plains, NetSuite experience a must
- Must be able to keep up with flow of a busy, fast-growing company and be a team player
- Attention to detail, high data entry accuracy, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must possess excellent internal and external customer care skills to work with managers of other departments while ensuring proper approval process and while responding to vendor-related inquiries
- Must take ownership of their work and demonstrate accountability and follow through.
- Must maintain harmonious and friendly working relationships with all members of the accounting team; must be willing to help other members of the accounting department during the closing process.
- Ability and willingness to look at processes with a critical eye and seek out opportunities for process improvement.