We are looking for talented, driven individuals that possess a combination of technical aptitude and creativity to join our Paid Marketing Team as an experienced Digital Marketing Specialist. Priority will be given to individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who develop side projects or businesses for fun. This may be showcased in terms of a start-up you are working on, a mobile app that you’ve built, or a website that you are running personally or freelance for a client…because you love to be busy and in the middle of the action!
Perk.com Canada’s Paid Marketing team is a unique team that is responsible for ensuring the relevance, visibility, and effectiveness of our web properties' digital promotion. The team is a highly results driven, goal-oriented unit, driving performance optimization through adaptability and innovation.
- Create keyword, interest, and contextually targeted pay-per-click advertising campaigns.
- Daily measuring of paid traffic against profit performance, traffic quality, and other relevant KPI’s.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing campaign budgets, delivery and pacing.
- Ad creation, placement and audience targeting.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all digital ad platforms and track their performance and effectiveness against various marketing goals.
- Deep numerical analysis of traffic performance across device, market segment, creative.
- CPC, CPM, CTR, traffic quality, and quality score optimization.
- Develop and recommend appropriate campaign strategies.
- Initiate and carry out testing on traffic acquisition methods/models, landing pages, and new traffic sources.
- Experience building AdWords campaigns from the ground up. You’re an expert at understanding optimal account structure, match types, quality score, and generally how to organize campaigns to meet business objectives.
- Entrepreneurially minded; you are obsessive about seeking out opportunities to generate online traffic, crushing goals, and developing new ideas.
- You are passionate about Internet Marketing and have a pulse on industry trends.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with ad traffic networks, which may include: Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising, Yahoo! Gemini, Taboola, Outbrain.
- Experience in ad operations or digital advertising at a digital publisher, ecommerce site, ad agency, ad tech company, or similar.
- Must be extremely proficient in MS Excel and have hands-on experience with pivot tables.
- Proactive communication – You know that communication is key and you over-communicate with a focus on facts.
- We move fast and things often change, you embrace this and see it as opportunity.
- Grit and determination- you face difficulties and challenges head-on and come out stronger on the other side.
- You are not happy with status quo - you want growth and are driven to produce results.
- You have a voracious appetite for knowledge and self-betterment.
- Maintaining a level of intellectual humility and open-mindedness is part of who you are.
- You strive to remain current with relevant trends and best practices in a performance marketing environment.
- Enjoy working in a team and sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Hard working with the ability to take initiative and be adaptive.
- A strong mathematical mind.
- A talent for pattern recognition and proven ability to learn the ins and outs of a market, including what drives it.
- Ability to work independently, time manage self, and push self to own deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization using excellent fluent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Will be motivated by ownership of audience and campaigns and willingness to go above and beyond in managing them to exceed KPI objectives and profit targets.
- Capacity to work some evenings and a few hours on weekends, monitoring and adjusting budgets and traffic performance.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience in Display Media buying, Email Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Lead Generation, or eCommerce.
- Experience with effective landing page creation and optimization.
- You’ve run a blog or website and spent your own money promoting it.
- You’ve come up against difficult challenges or failures in your career and you have a story to tell about how you persevered.
Included in this application is a task challenge found at: http://snip.li/TaskChallenge.
You are required to complete the tasks, and submit a link to your completed file in your cover letter.
Please include a cover letter and resume, indicating the position title, Digital Marketing Specialist. All applications will be kept confidential.
Showcase Your Talent
If you are entrepreneurially-minded and have a small business you operate, or develop mobile apps on the side, or have built your own website…tell us about it! Don’t be shy; showcase your talent for thinking outside the box!
ABOUT PERK CANADA
Perk.com Canada Inc. is a digital media publishing company located in Waterloo, ON that owns and operates advertising-supported editorial websites in various categories, including health, automotive, travel, and esports. We develop large, targeted audiences across a range of channels, and deliver them relevant, authentic, engaging content created by experts in the space.
Our office is located in Uptown Waterloo’s Bauer Marketplace, above the legendary Vincenzo’s supermarket and just steps away from the new Allen Street LRT stop. Perk Canada is a subsidiary of RyhthmOne PLC which is traded on the London Stock Exchange (LON:RTHM) and is headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide.
We offer competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, weekly catered lunches, subsidized fitness programs and career advancement opportunities. Our office is located in the heart of Waterloo Region's booming technology sector with endless amenities in walking distance to the office including café’s, restaurants, and retail shops. Our open concept office space features a kitchen area stocked with hot and cold beverages, including an assortment of pop, water, mineral water, chocolate milk and energy drinks. We offer cool perks such as various team activities, old school video games, foosball, and more.
Learn more at https://perkcanada.com
150 Caroline St. S. #406, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 0A5
We thank all applicants for your interest in Perk.com Canada Inc. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Perk.com Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Generalist.