We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our data engineering team. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data warehouse and data pipeline architecture for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data warehouse architect who enjoys building complex data models and pipelines. This role will support our software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives. They will ensure an optimal data architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even redesigning our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Create and maintain data models in regard to our enterprise data warehouse and data marts.
- Identify, design, and implement improvements to our current architecture. This may include: internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater reliability, etc.
- Review project designs that have a large data requirement for efficiency, data quality and data accuracy.
- Work with stakeholders including the reporting team, account management, and data scientists in building the optimal data architecture to meet their requirements.
- Educate and mentor data engineers towards resilient and sustainable designs.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Data Engineering role.
- Experience in building and maintaining complex data models across different data systems.
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured data sets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Understanding of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in cloud (AWS) and on-premise big data technologies.
- Experience using the following software and languages:
- MySQL or MariaDB
- Python, Scala or Java
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field, advanced degree preferred.